Wednesday, September 20, 2006

newborn project - time capsule

A friend of mine, who just had a child, recommended building a baby time capsule. His approach was to collect all of the newspapers and magazines with the date of his child's birth. Package them up and save them for his child's 21st birthday.

I really like the idea. A few days late it's a bit of a challenge. He recommended calling friends out of town and having them mail newspapers to you.

Obviously this is one of those efforts that really requires you to have an advance plan.

Still, I do have a few magazines and newspapers on hand and will do it.

The next question is - how do I preserve such things for 21 years. Unfortunately, he didn't have any idea.

Any suggestions?

Have a wonderful day,
makingourway

2 comments:

makingourway said...

Karl,

Thanks alot for the interesting link. Interesting site. I have to read it further to understand how it could deliver a message to my son or daughter if I don't know their future e-mail addresses or where they will be living.

Actually, it just inspired me to create e-mail addresses for them.

Regards,
makingourway

makingourway said...

Karl,

I've looked through it. It's intriguing, but not sure if I'll do it. More accessible, certainly, since I've created e-mail addresses for them - now I need a reminder to check the e-mails every x months to prevent them from being frozen / deleted by the providers.
regards,
makingourway