- Increase net worth by $100,000.00.
- Save to meet net worth increase requirements (in addition to investment returns)
- Restore operating cash reserve to $25,000.00 by December 2006
- Increase operating cash reserve to $50,000.00 by end of March 2007
- Start funding another 529 plan
- Make retirement contributions for Mom, Dad and Children
- Fully fund Mom & Dad's 401k
- Move into and furnish new house (basic furnishings) ($5,000 - $15,000)
- Professional education at local university ($8,000)
- Repay past debt ($8,600)
- Big family vacation ($3,000 - $9,000)
- See more family
- Job change to increase income
- Create financial blog, obtain > 1000 visitors
- Learn to golf
- Dance Lessons
- Replace variable insurance policies with term policies & invest cash value in ETFs
- Develop a solid ETF strategy and actually rebalance at least annually
- Finalize and notarize estate plan
- We may have a family member with a health matter that could cost between $15,000 and $45,000. This would come directly out of our savings - it would be a heavy hit, but we have enough saved up.
Over the next few weeks I will post our progress on our 2006 financial goals and continue to do so on a quarterly basis.
Please share your comments on these goals. Perhaps they're not very reasonable? Maybe too hard too achieve? Maybe something is missing. Let us know your thoughts.
Have a great Wednesday,
Making Our Way