Thursday, March 30, 2006

About Me...my profile

Tags: , , .

I'm married with children in my late 30s.

My wife and I are both educated professionals, she is in healthcare, I'm in business management.

We enjoy travel, especially international travel and try to go abroad every year.

We love our children greatly and agree their welfare and growth is our most important priority.

Our Primary Goal

We work hard to:

1. Spend time with our children
2. Save money to fund our children's education ,travels and, if possible, in a constructive manner, help them on their way

Our Financial Goals


We would like to have enough saved up to become full time investors and business owners (versus operators) by our 50s, if not sooner.

We would also expect to have more time to spend with family and more time to be even more involved in educating our children.

Our retirement target is about $4M.

Although we are on target (with conservative annual earnings estimates and conservative investment returns), we still have quite a way to go, not reaching our goal until we are 61.

Our Challenge

Our challenge is to pull that number back as close to our 40s as possible.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is reading your blog? You're like the most boring guy in the whole world.

makingourway said...

Cage,

I'll try to be constructive.
What were you looking for? This is a personal finance blog. Let me know, maybe it's something I should write about.

If personal finance isn't your thing, then I think this is definately the wrong blog for you.

Have a wonderful day.

Making Our Way

Anonymous said...

Nice site, I`ll definitely stop by to check it once in a while.

makingourway said...

Latinguy,

Thanks so much for the positive comment.

It's very encouraging.

Please let me know if there's anything you want me to cover.

Have a wonderful Monday.

freedumb said...

LOL @ cage. What were you expecting free money?

Been keeping up with your blog for awhile now...Nice work!

freedumb

makingourway said...

Friends and Colleagues,
Thanks so much for the supportive comments. Cage must have accidentally fell into the pfblogosphere and been disappointed with what he found.
I appreciate your support.
Regards,
makingourway

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog. On one hand, we seem to have a lot in common: we both have children, and we make them our top priority. On the other hand - we are taking two very different paths to financial freedom. It is fun to see how other people are striving for their goals!

makingourway said...

Thanks Around,
Yes perhaps our paths are different, but our priorities are similar. Interesting to witness and compare different approaches.
Regards,
m

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and learning new things, I'm in my 20s and hope to retire in my 40s if all goes well.

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit. I think it's a fine post. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful. I am in 27 yrs old who is very interested in personal finance. Your writing style is very clear and impressive. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://makingourway.blogspot.com. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
My website covers such topics as how to boost credit score, fraud prevention, credit history, etc. The website has PR 4 and good Alexa.
Waiting for your reply,

makingourway said...

Barbara,

Barbara, we're always interested in talking with advertisers.

However, we do not write paid posts unless it is fully disclosed and the opinions must be our own.

Regards, makingourway