- Remember to bring the title when you sell the car (forgot - brought the photo copy)
- Have the title transfer notarized - keep a copy (did it!)
- Have a bill of sale written up (I __ sell __...)
- Keep the license plates (NC DMV requires them to be returned in order to cancel your automobile insurance)
- Return the plates to the License Plate Office (or DMV)
- Cancel auto insurance
- Go to the country courthouse or office and have the vehicle removed from your property tax roll (specific to NC?)
- Rate your buyer on ebay
- Update your networth to remove car as an asset (if it ever really was)
Overall it was a positive experience. I think the buyer felt he received a wonderful deal. The car sold comparable to similar cars, however it had much lower mileage.
Apparently the buyers pays taxes when he registers the vehicle.