Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rethinking the basics

When's the last time you re-examined how you do common activities and decided to learn how to do them better?
Reinvesting in the basics can be a huge liberator, bringing minutes or hours back into your schedule every day.
Just ask yourself simple questions, such as how much time do I spend in Microsoft Word or MS Outlook or Firefox? If I spend alot of time there am I using them well? Could I save time by doing it better?
When I go grocery shopping, would i save time by bringing a list - perhaps one that was sorted by section?
Am I commuting to work in the most time efficient manner?

Granted these questions should be asked periodically and not constantly, but they can bring you very big answers and results.

Regards, makingourway

No comments: