Monday, February 12, 2007

Shopping while business travelling

I'm on the road travelling for business.

Yesterday, I went to the supermarket and bought quite a bit of food - $40 in an attempt to stave off the overpriced purveyors at my airport hotel. I am on a 3 night, 3 day trip.

I bought:
  • 6 1L bottles of water
  • 8 activia light yogurst
  • 1 pound of monterey jack cheese
  • 1 roast turkey breast
  • 1 very large salad
  • 6 apples
  • 5 bananas

$40 was more than I had expected to spend. The again, the $36 shrimp wrap I had bought one night at the hotel was also more than I expected to spend.

The $9 roasted turkey was last night's dinner and today's lunch.

I'm still working my way through the rest of the food. If I can make it work, it should cover all of my breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner. I'll have a combination of personal meals and business meals for the rest. Due to my schedule it's not really practical to try to bring lunch to my office, etc... food can be bought there.

What would you buy? What did I forget to buy?

Regards, makingourway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I went to San Francisco for a conference in November, I took my wife. My work paid for my ticket and our hotel room. We also got $64 a day per diem (didn't need to submit receipts, just claimed it). We lived on free conference meals all week and then bought food at the supermarket for breakfasts. We MAYBE used $75 to dine out that whole week.

It was San Fran, and we DID have to try some of their restaurants.