Friday, February 16, 2007

how many times can you change reservations in 24 hours?

I've just changed my flight plans three times for the same trip in the last 24 hours.
Big Company has inked an initiative with a new client. It requires lots of high touch meetings with C-level types on operating personnel.

I promptly booked my trip to the east coast location, then found out it had to be in the midwest. My team had done such a good job at coordinating arrival within 1/2 an hour of each other from 3 of the four points of the compass - I felt sad telling them we had to do it all over again. But we did. This time to the midwest.

Later that day we learned our meeting would be in the AM, not the PM. Guess what - a third time. Now I have to get up at 3:30 AM to get the airport on time for a flight that will arrive and hour before everyone else - only one available. I wonder if I'll be able to use my Red Carpet Club pass at the destination airport?

I'm going to sign up with Avis's car rental program. Seems to reduce checkout time substantially.

How many times have you changed reservations for one trip?

I'm certainly glad that Big Company isn't charged if changes are made within 24 hours!

Regards, makingourway

The real tragedy is that I've been accumulating points with starwood and will have to switch 1/2 way through to Hilton. What do you use your hotel points for? Vacations?

No comments: