Wednesday, January 31, 2007

an unsettling recommendation from a customer..what would you do?

In a few months I will have meetings with the CEO of a large organization. We've dealt with each other before and have earned each other's mutual respect.

In fact, the CEO was an advisor to me when I decided to join Big Company. Recently, we have begun planning several initiatives with the CEO's firm and a new sales initiative - actually several are underway, but we have more to do. Shortly after discussing account plans with my marketing lead, I received a linked in invitation for a referral. The CEO wanted to refer me to an executive recruiter with a relevant opportunity.

How ironic - I'm planning a sales campaign while at the same time the CEO of my target client is encouraging me to change jobs!

What would you do? What do you think?

Regards, makingourway

No comments: