Thursday, October 26, 2006

selling my car on e-bay unexpected final steps

Good news, I finally got the license plates back from the buyer.
I now need to return them to the license plate bureau - not sure if I have to bring a copy of the change of registration - just might anyway. Then I can remove the car from my insurance policy and go to my county tax office to remove the car from the tax rolls.

Bad news, the car had some problems with the buyer was driving it home. Apparently there were some fairly significant problems with the muffler. He spent $440 fixing it. I agree to refund him $220. Even though the car was sold as is, it would have been very difficult for him to find that problem and I sold it unaware of it. I'm not too pleased about refuning when selling the car so cheaply, but I do think it was the right thing to do.

Would you give a refund on something you unknowingly sold was damaged - if you had sold it at a low price?

Regards,
makingourway

No comments: