It's amazing how much information needs to change when you move. Here's a list:
- Post Office (online)
- Bank (maybe online)
- Credit Cards (usu online)
- Social Security (not easily done on line)
- Utilities: Electric, Gas, Propane Service, Telephone, Cable, satellite, Internet, VOIP - 9/11 service, XM radio
- IRS (download form on line and mail - impt for refund checks)
- Insurance Policies
- Professional Associations
- Social Organizations
- Recreation centers: YMCA/YMHA, Country Club, etc...
- Employer & Payroll Service
- Brokerage accounts
- Mortgage providers (usu done when you buy the house, but not always if you own > 1)
- Auto loan providers
- Any lenders not included above
- Anyone who owes you money
- Anyone you owe money (ethically you should tell them)
As a strategy, I've been pulling aside my mail and making a list of everyone I can imagine. It's quite time consuming, but there's really no faster way.
Does anyone have a more efficient on-line approach?
Have a great Monday,