Friday, November 21, 2008

interesting eye-glasses care thoughts

I just read the eye glasses care article on wikihow.com.

It was a great article. One of the more interesting points was this:

1. Never clean a pair of eyeglasses with a dirty optic microfiber cloth, by doing so you can actually scratch the lense.
2. Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) is supposed to be an excellent glases cleaner and cheaper as well. The aricle claims that it is the active component of most commercial solutions. Has anyone tried this?

Regards, makingourway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that the little aerosol travel size cleaners the optical shops sell were Iso Alcohol so I started using it at home. It does work great. But I suspect it may have contributed to the early wearing off of a tint I had on my lenses. It seemed to wear off quicker than it should. I am getting new glasses soon and will either go without the tint or else stop using the alcohol to clean.