Monday, December 25, 2006

the end of year race

I have a few critical things that must get done before the year is over. I'm not sure how much time I really have or whether I must mail them before year end or actually have my brokerage process everything before year end, but I'll check it all out soon.

These are my time critical to do's:

  1. Open a custodial Roth IRA for our newest family member - she worked for the family business (actually and legally, she did)
  2. Make Roth contributions for my children
  3. Make my individual 401k contribution

So hear are my deadline questions:

  1. Do I need to open the Roth IRA or merely pay my children and then have until 4/15/2007 to both open and fund their accounts?
  2. Do I have to mail my individual 401k contribution by 12/31/2006 or does it have to be deposited by Schwab?

I don't think much else is necessary. If I did not have significant forthcoming cash expenses, I think I would make coverdale contributions for the kids, too. Maybe next year.

As soon as January 1st hits I'm going to take several boxes of charitable contributions and delivery them to their respective beneficiaries. They certainly are cluttering our house. With all of the year end, new job and travel, I haven't had time to catalog and document everything we plan to give away.

No comments: