Thursday, August 03, 2006

job search update - social networking for a job

On the advice of a friend - an experienced and successful job hunter - I've started telling friends and neighbors that I'm looking.

I met with our most prosperous neighbor two weeks ago, hoping his ample business knowledge might help push me in the right direction(s).

So far it has been helpful, he's referred me to several others, especially a local banker, who is also a neighbor I haven't met.

The banker returned from a week's worth of travels and offered to have lunch with me and two other banking colleagues today - what a suprise - three for the price of one!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, my neighbor informed me that the bank chairman made an open invitation to visit his office - I'll take him up on it.

Have a wonderful day,
makingourway

No comments: