I posted a few ads on Craig's List:
1. To sell a car.
2. To buy good condition used comics (for my collection)
3. To buy some old military colletibles (it seems to be a family fetish)
I also responded to a few advertisements offering:
b. comics for sale
c. business text books for sale
I posted the ads and inquiries around 4 am.
So far, today, I've heard from:
1. A fellow selling comic books. He has a large collection 90% NM (near mint). He was selling them quite cheaply at a flee market. I'm going to visit his home and check out what he has - he works for the military so hopefully should be safe to visit him (e-mail records and telephone records, et. al.). He was offering 3 for a $1 at the flea market, but said that was a one time price. I asked him to let me know what he would charge me for 400 comic books. We'll see about this one. It could be cheaper than buying them from MileHighComics.com or ComicsNow.com. I'd like to build up a collection for my son to enjoy when he's older. I'll have to see what my daughter would like to collect in another two years (not sure where her tastes will go). I'm thinking antique doll house furniture, but you never know.
2. A lady selling some 1970s comics. I've asked her what she wants for them and the condtion.
3. A third person was selling about 300 - 450 comics - wants $200 for the collection. I have no idea what he's selling. Asked him what's there and condition. I might buy them if I can see them, like the quality and what he has.
So far that's my experience.
I am going to take pictures of the car for sale and put them up. I did find an interesting photo hosting site called picturebucket.com.
What photo hosting sites do you recommend?
Have a wonderful day,