Thursday, January 25, 2007

prompt expense reimbursement is a dream

One thing I have to credit Big Company with is their very efficient expense reimbursement policy.

I believe it works like this:

  1. employee/contractor submits expenses
  2. Big Company scans for completeness and basic accuracy
  3. Big Company pays very quickly
  4. Administrative review issues credits or debits against future repayments

Actually it reminds me of the IRS tax return process, just more pleasant.

I've had other employers that can take up to 60 days. Ultimately it seems like an issue of respect for the employee. My wife's employer takes a minimum of 30 days and usually screws things up. Every expense submission is like battling an IRS audit. Oddly it seems that her employer does have less respect for its employees (and customers).

Regards, makingourway

1 comment:

Jose Anes said...

I feel like that in my big company.

Money And Investing